Sunday, December 22, 2013

"PHIL ROBERTSON ATTEMPTS TO REWRITE THE HISTORY OF RACE RELATIONS IN AMERICA"

Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty spoke about race and growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era to the GQ magazine and made the following comments:"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," he told GQ. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field. ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' -- not a word! "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues," GQ quoted Robertson as saying. - CNN

I have two simple questions that I want Phil Robertson to answer for me:
(i). Was Phil Robertson publicly claiming that lynching of black men, separate but not equal laws (white only and colored only policies) and the poll tax that prevented blacks from voting never happened in the state of Louisiana of his time growing up?
(ii). Has Phil Robertson completely forgotten that the first major bus boycott by blacks in America took place in 1953 in Butte Le Ross in the state of Louisiana where Phil Robertson was living at that time about two years ahead of the other bus boycott engineered by Rosa Parks's refusal to give up her seat in the public bus for a white man in 1955?
My honest conclusion is that Phil Robertson must be speaking to the GO magazine with the both sides of his only one mouth at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment